Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Basketball 2011 Edition.

So I have been playing basketball since I was in second grade or so, and this year I don't think i'm going to try out for the team. I keep getting yelled at by my friends to play because we're getting a new coach, but they don't get it. The coach wasn't the reason I quit, I really don't like the sport anymore. My friends want me to play because it's my senior year but i don't know what to do. My choices are be with my friends and be miserable or join track and try something new. My uncle told me that I should do whatever I want but i shouldn't regret it. I think I am too stubborn to go back to basketball because I already told people I was quitting. This decision is really hard and I only have a few more weeks to decide my fate of becoming a trackie or ball for one more year.

2 comments:

  1. Last year I made the decision to switch to cross country rather than soccer which i played since I was six. It was a hard decision for myself to make, but in the end it came down to what I wanted to do more. Since I'm thinking about running in college, I thought it would be a good idea to run cross country. So the advice I can give to you about making your decision is to do what you want to do more. Think about if you were happy your last three years playing basketball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill trust me I hear what you are saying. I am the queen of trying new things. I did cheerleading since the 4th grade and then after freshman year on football cheering i decided i was done. Many think it was the coach as well, but i just was done with the sport, i did not like it anymore and it created more stress than joy. Joining the swim team is honestly one of the best decisions i made, to the point where i wish i started freshman year, or even before. I think you are an extremely talented basketball player, but if you are unhappy, don't waste your time. You can see those friends anytime you want.

    ReplyDelete