Search This Blog

Friday, October 1, 2010

Rutger's student committed suicide due to facebook video!

I read this article about the Rutger's boy that committed suicide and it was so sad! His roommate had no right to video him and his "friend" and he really should face the consequences. Not only did he video it, he posted it on facebook! Facebook is supposed to be used as a way to connect with friends and family, not post unnecessary videos or comments. I think facebook should not allow any videos that show any inappropriate content. They should monitor what they allow people to upload. As for using facebook in school; I believe it is not needed. The only time I go on my facebook, is to check notifications or friend requests. Kids do not need ANOTHER distraction in school (Our attention spans are short enough!). College students should be mature enough and not post things that will get them in trouble. I blame the idea that facebook allows you to do whatever you want on your own terms. Facebook is a privilege not a right, and in this case, we learned that the hard way.

1 comment:

  1. Jill I 100% agree! It makes me sick to my stomache knowing someone can be so cruel and lead someone to think they have no other choices but to kill themselves. I feel So strongly on this topic and i would love to see that student who feels so high and mighty face the consequences by indirectly murdering his roomate.

    ReplyDelete