Search This Blog

Friday, October 15, 2010

College Applications.

I am applying to colleges this month and it is just rediculous! To apply to my colleges I have to do a common application. If the school I'm interested in doesn't have a common app, I have to do their own application! Let it be known that only 1 of my 8 schools does the common app. That means I have to fill out 8 different applications! Yes, I am complaining and I know all seniors have to do this but WHY does this process have to be so long and difficult? Why do schools need to know where your parents and siblings went to school? They're not applying to the school! I get that they need extra curricular activites and volunteering bits, but why should I have to fill the same application out 8 different times?! I think all schools should do the common app. It would make my life so much easier. Also, my friend Sam has to sign up for financial aid. She was telling me that she can't apply for it until January even though she is doing early action. Why is it that we have to wait to apply for it? It's just a hassle and I am getting so stressed trying to do all my homework, get my recommendations, activites list, and applications done. I wish applying for a college was so much easier, but I guess this is the burden I must bear for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment