Search This Blog

Friday, October 8, 2010

How to attract people to blogs

Having people follow your blog is easier said than done. I have been researching the internet and have been trying to find ways to have people join my blog. I came across a website that gave me three ideas on how to get followers. The first idea was that you need to be active on the internet and comment on other blogs and eventually others will follow you. Another idea is to label pictures with Alt text. Doing this will link you to that picture, so when someone tries to find that picture on the internet, it can be linked to your blog. The third way is to connect to YouTube. Since so many people go on youtube, it will help you gain followers. Other ways to have followers is promote your blog on facebook or twitter. Your friends can see it and tell others to look at it. These ideas could have you going from 5 followers to 50.

2 comments:

  1. Jill - Commenting on blogs is also fun! I find that a lot of people return the favor and post comments on your blog as well. It shouldn't take too much effort to get more hits than Dan ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas here Jillian. When I started blogging three years ago I struggled with the same question: How do I get them to come, read, and comment? And then, how do I get them to come back for more? I found the key to expanding your blogging audience is to 1) find your niche - Write about your passions. Make your words jump off the page by writing with this same passion and energy. If you give your audience that energy, they will come back for more 2) blogging should be a conversation. Read other blogs of your same interest and leave a comment. This is the best marketing tool for your blog and will open a variety of doors and opportunities.

    In short, write with energy, passion, and keep the conversation alive. If you can accomplish this, your blog audience should begin to flourish.

    All the best with your school year.

    ReplyDelete