Search This Blog

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Halloween

Okay, so I have gone trick or treating since I was a baby. When I was in ninth grade, my mom told me I wasn't allowed to go anymore. I get where she's coming from because she doesn't want me to get in trouble, but seriously...FREE CANDY. Halloween is my favorite holiday besides christmas...obviously I like getting presents. Having my mom tell me I was too old to dress up and go door to door and get candy was really depressing. Halloween connects me to old memories and having my mom say I wasn't allowed to go was like ripping away my freedom and rights! I still like trick-or-treating because it reminds me of the times when I was younger and was only allowed to go through my neighborhood. Even though my mom is right( I'm a little old to go out), I still like reminiscing about past times and how much I have grown. This year I will probably go around with my sister...unless she goes to another neighborhood :( It's time to let go of my favorite past time.

1 comment:

  1. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays for the same reason! I don't go out trick or treating anymore, but i find ways to get a lot of free candy from either my siblings or by handling out taking.. and then grabing one for myself!

    ReplyDelete