Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Top 10 Things I Learned in Highschool

Coming in as a freshman, I was nervous about highschool. Throughout the four years I have been here, I have learned a lot and hopefully this list will help upcoming freshman!

1.) There is no third floor or pool at BHS.

2.) Despite what people say, our school lunches are actually good! (I still don't know about the hotdogs)

3.) Dismissals are NOT like middle school; you can just leave once you get the pass. WAY more lenient!

4.) Sports do help you make friends! One of my best friends was met through softball

5.) Don't care what people think how you look or act like.

6.) Technically you don't need a pass to walk the halls. The "crazy hall monitors" idea is fake, I have never
been yelled at or even asked for a pass

7.) The librarian is protective over her books and "home" don't mess with her

8.) Skipping= ISS. don't be dumb!

9.) Low grades freshman and sophomore year will get you when your applying to colleges TRUST ME.

10.) Everyone goes to the football games and dances. They are not lame so go!

High school is awesome and if I knew these ten things as a freshman, it would have been even better. So I am here to let the freshman know that high school is not scary and is the best time of our lives!

1 comment:

  1. Jill I think this is great for freshman that are new to the high school. I agree with all of them, especially numbers 4 and 9! Sports are a great way to meet new friends and grades from freshman and sophmore year do come back to bite ya. But I hope the freshman now, and soon to be freshman, get to read this and learn a little something about the high school.

    ReplyDelete