Search This Blog

Monday, November 1, 2010

I Know What You Did Last Weekend.

Today in class we were googling people we know. I found it SO weird that I could find any information I wanted about someone on the internet. I googled myself and all of the articles for my sports came up. Even my old myspace account came up! When I googled my cell phone number, it brought me to my facebook page where I wrote my cell phone number on someone's wall! I also searched my friend Kristin and all her information came up. Its creepy to know that anyone can access my information on the internet. It makes me aware of what I should and shouldn't put up. With college searches going on now, colleges can see what I've been up to and they can go on my facebook to see what I've written. Getting denied from a college because of some bad comments on my facebook is not on my "To Do" List. This exercise in class has got me realizing that what I might think is private on the internet really isn't. So be aware what you put on the internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment