Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"Formspring Me!"

There's a website called Formspring that lets people ask others random questions. This may seem harmless, but it really is not. A girl named Alexis Pilkington committed suicide and police believe that it was connected to nasty comments she got on this website. Truthfully, I don't see the point of a formspring. Obviously the questions are going to be absurd if they are sent by anonymous people. It's exactly like honesty box on facebook. I had an honesty box for a while and I had weird questions asked. Like Honesty Box, Formspring is a place where you can vent your feelings about someone. These comments are usually very rude. I don't want to hear what people anonymously say about me; I'd rather have them say it to my face. If people are too scared to say something to someone's face, they really have no business to talk about them behind their back. Formspring is an example of cyber bullying. This is a website where you can't get caught for posting rude comments. It should be taken down because it can really lead to self-esteem issues or even cause suicide. The last thing a person wants to hear is awful comments about themselves. I believe if you have something to say, you say it to the person's back. Going to use a website to talk about someone because you’re too much of a baby to confront them is ridiculous. So I say that form spring is a "no-go."

No comments:

Post a Comment